Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My, how things have changed!

Okay, so I've been REALLY bad at writing on this! I should make myself do it every month, but I don't and I haven't been. Oh well!!! I'm here now and that's what matters, right?

Since I haven't posted on this for 18 months or so, I thought an update or 2 might be in store. In the last 18 months, I have ended a relationship and began a new one. I won't bore you with the details of the first part of 2010 (mostly because they just aren't important anymore) but I will say that when I met Shay, it was at a time in my life when I was finally doing what I wanted to do. For the first time in so long, I felt like me again. Shay & I met because I happen to be really close with his sister (we worked for the same bank at different branches) and she invited me to a concert with her family. He was there, we started talking, and the rest, as they say is history!
In light of the pasts we each have, "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts has become my theme for us.
"Every long lost dream led me to where you are. Others who broke my heart, they were like Northern stars pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true: God blessed the broken road that led me straight you."
I feel that exact way about him. He has taught me that it is okay to be me - he loves my faults & quirks, weaknesses & strengths. Unconditionally. Don't know how I got so lucky, but somehow I did!!!
This is us at the Rodeo on Cheyenne Day at CFD
Next update: I started Grad school!! Yes, that's right 5 years outta college I finally decided I did NOT want to be at a bank for the rest of my life. I applied to the University of Wyoming Counselor Education program and after what felt like a lifetime - found out I GOT IN!!

I moved to Laramie in January. I was being optimistic I would get in. Plus, while Cheyenne is only 45 mins away, the traveling back & forth to see Shay was getting old. He already lived in Laramie so it was easy! Classes started in June and I've been in the training clinic with clients since September. Man, what a ride it has been!!!! I'm loving every moment of it! Yes, there have been TONS of papers and THOUSANDS of pages of reading but I have also made some amazing friends!!! I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would meet so many fabulous people! But I have and I am now blessed enough to call them my friends!!!
Shelley & Michaela - two of the most amazing people I've ever been blessed to know!!!
Pokes games would not be the same without them!!! :)
They are also 2 of the funniest girls I know!!!
Me & my girls on Halloween
Me, Angela, Shelley, & Micheala

Diego, Nathan, Angela & Shelley
Diego & Nate are my amazing Ghubs!!
Angela has become the big sister I never had growing up :)
I thank God everyday that He put this group of people in my life!!
I love them dearly and am honored to be on this grad school journey with them!!!

While my life in Laramie has been moving along smoothly, my family has continued to change! Grant moved out here in April and is living with Jill & her lil family. Tyler is growing like a weed!!! I can hardly believe how big he is! He turned 3 this year!!! Regardless of how old he gets, he will always be my favorite lil man though!




Ty & Uncle Shay at the Frontier Days Parade this summer
Dawn had a baby this year too! Now I have a nephew & a niece!! Payton Miche'le was born in February and has all of us wrapped around her lil chubby fingers!!!
My lil niece & nephew back in the Spring



Payton & me on my birthday - she's almost 9 months old already!

Well, that's my update on my lil life. Hope you enjoyed it! I promise, I'll try to be better about writing on this thing!! With more pictures too!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment