Monday, February 8, 2010

My Near Future To-Do List

I've been inspired. I know a few people who make Bucket Lists for the year - stuff they want to achieve before December 31st. They don't make long lists but they set goals for themselves for the year. I have another friend who just has a Bucket List. He has 100 things written down in a notebook that he wants to do before kicks the bucket. I love both of these ideas!!! So, thanks to these amazing people I am blessed enough to call friends, I have put together a list... part 2010, part Bucket. I'm calling it "My Near Future To-Do List."

1. Run a 5k - okay, stop laughing. If you know me at all, you probably have heard me say "I don't run unless I'm being chased." Well, I've decided that I'm going to give it a try willingly. lol. I tried last summer but quit after 3 weeks because it hurt. Yes. I'm a wuss. Not this time!! There's a 5k at the end of June here in Cheyenne and I'm becoming more determined to run in it. Am I scared? Terrified!!! Will it hurt? Probably. Can I do it? Absolutely. So, here goes nothing!

2. Learn to snowboard - Since I'm making this list in February, the snow sport season is almost over for now. However, it begins again in November so I have hope for this one! This one will also probably hurt! lol

3. Go down a Black diamond run - to do this, I'm probably going to need to do a little more skiing a little more often. But, one day!!

4. Use my new sewing machine and make myself something cool - a skirt for work, a nice vest, something! :)

5. Do something crazy - I'm not sure what this one will be but I can't wait to find out!!!

6. Lose 20 lbs - this seems like such a girlie one!!! But, it's on the list nonetheless.

7. Visit a new country - don't know if this will happen this year but I think it's definitely doable in the next few years!!

8. Go see a show on Broadway in NYC - I love musicals. Pretty sure I get it from my mom. :) What better place to see a musical than on Broadway?!?!

9. Visit NYC - if I'm going to Broadway, I might as well so see the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, & a few other places right? I mean, why not?! :)

10. Learn to fly fish - I started to learn last year but I have a ways to go before I would say I'm good at it so I figure it's okay to put it on the list for this year. :) Thankfully, I have a great teacher who is an awesome fly fisherman!!! :)

So, there we have it. When I say near future, I'm thinking the next 2-3years. I think that's a fair time frame. Some are more short term than others - the 5k for example. (Man, typing that makes my heart start to race with nerves!!!! lol) I'll add to it as things get checked off the list. There are other things in my head for my Bucket List. Maybe I'll write all those down in a notebook.... 

3 comments:

  1. Hey April! you are awesome! i hope you can achieve your goals of the 5k. I would definitely recommend seeing a show on Broadway. I went and saw Phantom of the Opera there in the Majestic Theatre...I have to say...AWESOME! You would love it. Check out my blog when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world! Glad to have you here!! Great set of goals!!! I checked out couch to 5k..not a bad plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stacey! Did you realize that you are one of the friends that inspired me? :)

    Started the Couch to 5k plan last night - so far, so good! But, talk to me in a few weeks and we'll see how I'm feeling! haha

    ReplyDelete